Twitch is well known for being a streaming platform home to gamers, musicians, vloggers, and even chefs. All streamers on the platform that have reached the Affiliate status can have subscribers that allow viewers to support their favorite streamers directly.
But sometimes you have to cancel that sub. So, whether you can’t afford it at the moment or the streamer you were subbed to changed their content or stopped streaming, here is everything you need to know about how to cancel a subscription on Twitch.
- Types of Subscription Plans
- How to Cancel a Twitch Subscription
- How to Cancel Twitch Prime
- How to Cancel Turbo on Twitch
- Our Takeaway
Types of Subscription Plans
There are three main subscription tiers on Twitch ($4.99, $9.99, and $24.99). In addition, if you’re one of the 200 million Amazon Prime users and have it connected to your Twitch account, you have one free prime subscription to give to your favorite streamer. There is also Twitch Turbo ($8.99) that provides you with the benefits of a subscription.
How to Cancel a Twitch Subscription
Now that you know what kind of subscriptions exist, let’s see what you need to do to cancel a Twitch subscription.
The process of canceling a Twitch subscription is pretty straightforward. Just be sure to follow the following steps so that you don’t accidentally continue being charged for something you no longer want.
To cancel your Twitch subscription on desktop, simply follow these steps:
- Log in to your Twitch account and click on your profile icon in the top right-hand corner.
- From the dropdown menu, select “Subscriptions.”
- From there, you will see a list of all the subscriptions you have active. Click on the “Edit Subscription” button to cancel a subscription, then click “Don’t Renew Subscription.”
- From there, you will be redirected to a new page where you can give the reason why you are unsubscribing.
- Once you choose, confirm your cancellation by clicking on “Don’t Renew Subscription” again.
After that confirmation, you will no longer be charged for your Twitch subscription once it expires.
It’s easy to cancel your Twitch subscription on Android. Just follow these simple steps:
- Open the Twitch app
- Tap on your profile in the top left corner
- Tap on “Subscriptions”
- Select the person you’d like to unsubscribe from
- Confirm that you want to cancel your subscription
Just know that if you subscribed from a browser, the app would tell you to manage your Twitch subscriptions from there, and you wouldn’t be able to unsubscribe from your Android app. But if you subbed from your phone or tablet, the steps above would apply to you.
If you’re an iOS user and you’ve been wondering how to unsubscribe from someone on Twitch, there’s no need to worry. It’s actually a very simple process. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open the Twitch app
- Tap on your profile and select “Subscriptions”
- Tap on the profile of the streamer you’d like to unsubscribe from
- Tap on the “Cancel Subscription” button and confirm that you want to end your subscription
That’s all there is to it! Once you’ve followed these steps, your Twitch subscription will be successfully canceled.
How to Cancel Twitch Prime
If you’re trying to cancel your Twitch Prime subscription, there are a few different ways you can go about it. The easiest way is to disconnect your Amazon account from your Twitch. This can be done in a few simple steps:
- Click on your profile in the top right corner and select “Settings” from the dropdown list
- Click on the “Connections” tab
- Find the Amazon connection and click “Disconnect”
The other way to cancel Twitch Prime is to cancel Amazon Prime altogether.
Learn more: What is Twitch Prime?
How to Cancel Turbo on Twitch
If you’re trying to cancel your Twitch Turbo subscription, all you have to do is log in to your Twitch account, head to the “Subscriptions” tab in your settings, and go to “Other Subscriptions,” find “Twitch Turbo” in the list, and click on the “Cancel Subscription” button.
There are a few different ways to cancel your Twitch subscription, and the way to unsubscribe on Twitch varies very little depending on the device you use. So, whether you are on Android, iOS, or desktop, the steps for canceling a Twitch sub are straightforward.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I end my Twitch Prime subscription?
If you’re subbed to someone with your Twitch Prime subscription and wondering how to cancel your Twitch sub from Prime, it’s simple—just let it expire. After a month passes, you will be able to use your free Prime sub again for the same streamer or someone else.
What happens when your subscription ends on Twitch?
When your Twitch subscription ends, all of the paid features associated with the streamer you were subscribed to will be disabled. This includes things like ad-free viewing, chat badges, and custom emotes.
How to cancel the Twitch Prime free trial?
If you’re trying to cancel your Twitch Prime free trial, you need to disconnect Amazon from your Twitch. Furthermore, you will need to go to your Amazon account, click on your profile, and select “Prime Membership.” Under “Manage Membership,” click “Update, cancel and more,” then click on “End Membership.”
Does Twitch automatically resub?
Yes. Unless you manage your subscriptions in your Twitch profile, they will automatically renew every month unless you’re using the free Twitch Prime sub, which you have to manually re-subscribe with once it expires.
Can you unsubscribe on Twitch?
Yes, you can unsubscribe from a Twitch streamer at any time. If you want to know how to cancel a Twitch subscription, it’s simple. No matter if you’re on desktop, Android, or iOS, the steps are easy to follow.