TikTok is a social media app that lets users share short videos with each other. The app can be fun, but it’s also important to remember that anyone can see just about anything shared on the internet. That’s why it’s essential to know how to delete TikTok videos if you decide that you no longer want them to be seen.
In this blog post, we will walk you through the steps for deleting your video content on TikTok.
- How to Delete TikTok Videos
- How Do You Delete a Shared Video on TikTok?
- How to Delete a TikTok Video in the Drafts Folder
- How to Delete a TikTok Video While Recording or Editing
- Alternative to Deleting TikTok Videos
How to Delete TikTok Videos
Statistics show that TikTok has become immensely popular among social media users because of the fun way friends and family members get to connect through video sharing. No matter how enjoyable the app can be, there are times when users want to take down their videos.
Sometimes users don’t like how the video turned out to be; others no longer want it on the internet anymore. Whatever the reason, deleting TikTok videos is very easy to do.
Suppose you’ve already shared a video on the app. While there’s nothing you can do about people who have seen it, you still have the power to take it down whenever you want to. Here’s how you can do it.
In the Mobile App
- Go to your profile
- Tap on the video you want to delete
- Tap the three dots on the lower right side of the screen
- Scroll to the right, look for the “Delete” button and tap it
- Tap another “Delete” button in the message prompt box to confirm the action
On the Website
Users who want to delete a TikTok video can also do it via the website. Similar to deleting through the app, this will only take a few steps.
- Click your profile picture on the top right corner of the screen
- Click “View profile”
- Select the video you want to delete
- Click the three dots button and pick “Delete”
- Confirm you want to delete the video by clicking another “Delete” button
How to Delete a TikTok Video in the Drafts Folder
You may have tons of videos saved in draft. If you have no plans to delete them and want to clean up your draft folder, you can easily remove them from your account.
- Go to your profile
- Select the Drafts folder
- Tap the “Select” button
- Tick the videos you want to delete
- Tap the Delete (X) button at the bottom of the screen
- Confirm by tapping another “Delete” button
How to Delete a TikTok Video While Recording or Editing
Creating a TikTok video often requires multiple takes before it’s perfected. If you’re unhappy with the video you’re recording, here’s how you can delete it.
- Tap the red checkmark on the bottom right of the screen
- Go back to the previous screen by tapping the arrow on the top left of the screen
- Tap the “X” button
- Tap the “Discard” button
Alternative to Deleting TikTok Videos
If you’re not sure that you want to get rid of your videos, but you’re uncomfortable leaving them on the platform for all the world to see, we suggest this alternative solution. Simply save your videos in a private folder in the app.
- Open the video you want to hide
- Tap on the three dots on the lower right of the screen
- Tap on the “Who can watch this video”
- Select the “Only me” option
This will put the video in a private folder visible only to you. This way, you don’t have to delete a single TikTok video, and you still have the option of moving it back to where you keep your public videos.
You can change a video’s visibility to make it public again by going to the folder with the lock icon, tapping the video in question, and following the same steps. Instead of “Only me,” choose the “Everyone” option.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you delete a TikTok video?
Learning how to delete videos on TikTok is pretty easy. The quickest way to do it is to tap the triple dots menu next to the video you want to delete. Scroll to the right and select the “Delete” button. Confirm you want to delete the video by tapping on another “Delete” button in the prompt message box.
How do I delete all my TikTok videos?
TikTok doesn’t allow the deletion of multiple videos. You’ll have to do it manually, one by one. If you’re bent on deleting all your videos and leaving the app, the fastest way is to delete your account entirely. Keep in mind that deleted TikTok videos are gone permanently, so make sure you really want to do it before proceeding.
How do you private all your videos on Tiktok fast?
Here’s how you can make your TikTok videos private.
- Go to your profile page
- Tap the three lines in the top right corner
- Select “Settings and privacy” and go to the “Privacy” section
- Toggle the private account option
All your videos will be hidden from public view, and anyone who wants to see them will need to request permission from you first.
What happens when you delete a TikTok video?
When you delete a video, it’s permanently deleted by Tiktok. This means that other users will no longer be able to see it or interact with it, even if it was a “favorite” or shared by other users.
How do I start over on Tiktok?
If you want to start over on TikTok, you’ll need to learn how to delete TikTok videos and delete them one by one. This might be taxing for some, which is why other people would rather scrap the entire account and make a new one.