If you’re one of 310 million active Amazon users, you probably have your credit card as a payment method. But what if you want to remove it? Whether you’re removing your credit card for security reasons or because you want to change your payment method on Amazon, deleting it is a relatively simple process. So read on to learn how to remove your credit card from Amazon!
- How to Delete a Credit Card from Amazon
- Method One: Remove Credit Card from Amazon on Computer
- Method Two: Remove Credit Card on Amazon App
- Do I Have to Pay for My Amazon Purchases with a Credit Card
- How to Change Amazon Payment Method or Details
- Our Takeaway
How to Delete a Credit Card from Amazon
How you delete your credit card from Amazon depends on which platform you’re using: computer or app. We’ll now explain both methods.
Method One: Remove Credit Card from Amazon on Computer
If you’re using a computer, you’ll do the following to delete your credit card from Amazon:
- First, log in to your Amazon account and go to “Account & Lists”
- On “Your Account” page, click on “Your Payments”
- Find the credit card you want to delete, click on it, go to “Edit,” and then click on “Remove From Wallet”
- Confirm that you want to delete your credit card by clicking on the “Confirm Remove” button
Method Two: Remove Credit Card on Amazon App
To remove a payment method using the Amazon app is similar to the website process:
- Open the Amazon app and sign in to your account
- Tap on the user icon, scroll down to “Your Account” and choose “Your Payments”
- Choose the card you want to remove, and tap on “Edit”
- In the “Edit Payment Method” section, tap on “Remove From Wallet”
- A “Remove Confirmation” prompt will open, so tap on “Confirm”
Do I Have to Pay for My Amazon Purchases with a Credit Card
One of the great things about shopping on Amazon is the flexibility when it comes to Amazon payment methods. In addition to accepting major credit cards, Amazon will also take your debit card, prepaid cards (Visa, Mastercard, or Amex), gift cards, selected mobile wallets, or AmazonPay.
That said, you can’t shop on Amazon with PayPal or cryptocurrency directly. However, you can use PayPal Cash Card or PayPal Key, buy Amazon gift cards with crypto, and spend them on Amazon. In any case, it’s always a good idea to have multiple payment options available when shopping online. That way, you can be sure that you’ll be able to complete your purchase no matter what.
How to Change Amazon Payment Method or Details
Amazon makes it easy to change your payment method or details. Here’s how to keep your account up to date:
- Go to Amazon and log in to your account
- Click on “Your Account” in the upper right-hand corner and select “Your Payments”
- Click on “Add a payment method” if you want to add a new one, or click on an existing card and go to “Edit.” Click on “Change Payment Method” to change Amazon card. You can also update card details and your billing address under “Edit.”
- Confirm your changes
That Amazon Digital Service charge on your billing list can definitely give you headaches. However, luckily Amazon lets you remove a credit card or update your details whether you’re no longer using a particular credit card or want to tidy up your account settings. It can be done in two minutes—just follow the instructions on how to remove a credit card from Amazon for the platform you’re using.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I have more than one credit card on my Amazon account?
You can add multiple credit cards to your Amazon account and use any of them for purchases. However, you can only have one primary credit card associated with your account.
How do I know which credit card is my primary card on Amazon?
The primary credit card is the one that’s listed first under the Payment Methods section in your account settings. You can also see it in the checkout process when you’re making a purchase. It will be listed as the “default” payment method.
What happens if I delete my only credit card from Amazon?
Now that you know how to remove a credit card from Amazon, you must be aware of the following: if you delete your only credit card, you’ll need to add a new one before making any more purchases. You can still view your order history and track shipments, but you won’t be able to buy anything else until you add a new payment method.